Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wow, I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted anything. A lot has gone on since then. The first exciting news is that we have finally been approved from the USCIS (Immigration for Visa's) and we are just awaiting our letter to complete our packet. As soon as we receive it, our dossier (packet) will be sent to Tallahassee to be apostled and then it will be sent along to the Ukraine. From there, it will take about 5 days to be translated into Russian language and then submitted to the SDA. Once submitted, they can give us a travel date as soon as one month from that date!! We are so excited, that could mean that we would be traveling as soon as the end of July or beginning of August. Through all of our excitement, I am also nervous because that means less time to fund raise to get all of the money we need to travel. I know that God is bigger than all of this and will help us through it. We are following His plan for us and I trust that everything will work out.
It has been so neat to see the boys getting excited as well. Ethan is always asking about her and will always make sure he lets us know that he is thinking of her. For example, we were visiting some good friends on Tuesday and one of the girls gave Ethan some stickers she had gotten from the doctor. On the table was a sticker of "My Little Pony" and Ethan asked if he could have it....I said to him that its a girl sticker and to let Sami have it but then he says..."Mommy, I want to save it for my big sister, she is a girl!". They can't wait to paint her room too. We have been looking at samples of pink ( I can't wait to have some pink in this house!) and a couple days of the week, Logan will go into her room and say "Mommy, where is pink on wall?" We look forward to painting and decorating as soon as we get our travel date. I don't want to do everything too early as it may confuse the boys. I have bought a couple pair of shoes for her! I know I don't know her size but a store was going out of business and they were really cheap so I couldn't resist. It takes all that I have to not buy her clothes. She better like girly stuff because I am so ready to shop for a girl...pinks, purples, dolls, barbies, hair bows, and anything else girls like!
I hope to be a little better at updating now that things will be going quicker. Praises for prayers.....my back is getting better daily and I had my check-up yesterday and the doctor said I am doing great! I still have a lot of restrictions but its coming along. Also, a close friend of the family works for Delta Airlines and he has offered us two buddy passes where we can fly for a lot cheaper price! The only downfall is that they only go to Amsterdam and then we have to get a connecting flight to Kiev. But if everything works out, then it should save us $1000! Awesome answer to prayer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment