Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Monday, April 4, 2011

So we had our first fundraiser on Saturday. We had a yard sale and started to sell all of our baby items. It was emotional as I saw some of my favorite outfits go but I know its for a good cause! We made $330 during the sale and I had sold some stuff during the week for a total of $420!! Yay! This Thursday I am having another fundraiser. I am having a Gold Party where people can bring their unwanted gold and sell it for cash. Then the company will give me a percentage of what they buy to go towards our adoption. I hope a lot of people come!

Also on Saturday we received our home study reports! This morning I went to the post office and over-nighted some of our paper work to Tallahassee to be apostilled to then be able to send to the Ukraine. This paper work, once sent to the Ukraine, will give us a date to send our whole packet over to be approved to adopt. I also then over-nighted our paper work to the USCIS to be approved through them. Lets hope they don't take the normal 8 weeks to finish our paper work so that we can be fingerprinted as soon as possible.

Today my goal was to finish the paper work for the LifeSong grant I am applying for. I finished most of it and hope that tomorrow I can put it in the mail. If approved, LifeSong will match our funds that we raise up to a certain amount. That would be a huge help for us if we get picked. Pray that they see our financial needs and will help us meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment