Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update!

Okay, so I am not the best at updating this blog....I know so many of you have been asking so here is where we are at now. If you think I have been a slacker in updating...just wait because in 2 weeks I have my back surgery and it may get worse!!
Our first set of documents were sent to the Ukraine last week and they received them on Friday. I spoke with our contact in the Ukraine and she will be delivering them tomorrow (Thursday) to get our dossier date (the date our whole application needs to be submitted). She already knows that it should be in October but that we wouldn't be able to travel until late November, early December. I really don't like that time line since that is during so many birthdays and Christmas but it will be fine. Shawn and I have been praying about things and made our decision last night that we are going to change our age bracket to 6-8 so we can travel sooner and since there is a bigger need for adoptive families for that age group. We will have to update our home study and go from there!
The next update is with our fund-raising. I was able to complete the grant application for Life Song for Orphans matching funds grant and sent that last week. We did receive a confirmation email from them that they received our application and were starting their process. Please pray for us that we get chosen so that we can get help in raising more money to bring our princess home! They said it could take up to 8 weeks for the process to be complete.
Our documents to USCIS were also sent and received last week. I was hoping that we could get our fingerprinting dates before my surgery but it doesn't look like that will work out.
So I think that is about it....our prayer requests right now are for Allison's surgery on April 26th, our USCIS documents to be processed and approved as soon as possible, and that we get accepted for the Life Song for Orphans Fund-raising Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment