Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Practicing her letters on the plane

Love Amsterdam airport..free carts to push around!

First visit to Walmart! She was so excited about
all the small stuff we had to get her!

Her and Logan loved pushing the cart together

First visit with her cousins!

Reading books before bed. Love our new family!
We are home! Eryna and I made it through our 22 hours of traveling. The trip from Amsterdam to Atlanta was the hardest since it was the longest flight. She only slept for 20 minutes in the beginning and then fell asleep just as the plane was landing. It was difficult to keep her entertained and happy. The poor people in front of her that were woken up every time she would try to stand up and pull on their seats. Every time she would push extra hard on the buttons on the screen in front of her. She had fun kicking the seat in front of her as well and the man would turn around and ask me to have her stop. I wanted to say “If I knew Russian, I would be screaming at this point but I don’t so I am trying my best”. I apologized about 10 times to him and he still continued to ask me to control my child. For the most part, she did really well and I was able to be very patient because I knew what the end result was! Customs went very long and nobody had compassion for me that I only had 40 minutes till my next flight. Well since I didn’t get to the gate until everyone was boarded, they didn’t have seats available for us. We had to wait till the next flight but it wasn’t too much later than the original flight. We arrived in Miami at 7:30pm and had a nice crowd waiting for us. It was great to see our family and friends there. The kids had a great time playing and Eryna blended in right away. We came home and got to bed as soon as we could. I am really suffering with Jet Lag today and Shawn had it yesterday.
Logan woke up first this morning so he came in bed and I was able to snuggle with him for 30min. before Ethan woke up. I was then able to snuggle with Ethan for 30min. till Eryna woke up. It was a perfect morning. We adventured to Walmart to get some needed items for Eryna. It was actually an enjoyable trip with the whole family. We came home and went into the pool. Eryna had the time of her life in the pool. She was very nervous about leaving the steps but as soon as Shawn got in with her, she was willing to go farther. We had a wonderful time playing as a family during the day and just showing Eryna everything in the house. My dad, sister-in-law and kids came by to visit later on. Then our friend Cinda brought over dinner and some groceries. That was a life saver because I had no intentions to cook or go grocery shopping. Our nightly routine of showers, books and prayer time went a lot better tonight than last night. Eryna fell asleep all by herself tonight and I am beyond ready myself. I will hopefully write more details when I have more sleep and can think!! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment