Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane!!

Wow…what a past 2 days it has been! We had a great 14 hour train ride instead of a 12 hour ride. We had a delay at 4am that caused us to get in later on Wednesday morning. Thank goodness the US Embassy was fine with us being late to our appointment. After the Visa appointment, we went back to the SDA to finalize some more paper work and got to look at all the souvenirs lined up on the walkway. On our way back to Karen’s house, Eryna got car sick and threw up. I thought I had it under control because I had a bag ready but never thought to check for holes. There were two holes in it which meant that the fluid went all over her lap and onto mine! We still had to go to the grocery store so she got to wear my jacket. Things were going great till we got back to the apartment. Eryna thought it was time to show us another side of her. She was trying to eat and touch everything in her path like a 2 year old. After her eating lunch and eating my lunch as well, she was still fighting us for food. We had to hide everything and couldn’t keep our eyes off her. I have someone to compete with now. Anyone who knows me well knows that I enjoy taking bites of everyone else’s food rather than eating my own. Well Eryna is the same way! She was very hyper too and I think it was because she was tired from the train and being in the car all day. She was asking over and over for a shower so we went ahead and did that early. She LOVES taking a shower. She just lays there as I spray water all over her. Her favorite part is smelling her hair when we are done. When Karen got home, Eryna right away wanted to help her cook dinner and she washed all the dishes when they were done. Glad she enjoys that because I would love a little cooks helper! Only Logan likes to help me cook and that tends to be more of a problem than a help. Bed time required a little more patience last night. Shawn laid with her so I could book our plane tickets. She was giving him a problem but eventually she went to sleep. I had a lot of problems trying to book our plane tickets. There were no more tickets to buy for Eryna. I stayed up till 12:30am trying to figure something out so we could get home. I finally went to sleep and told myself to just leave it in God’s hands and whatever is meant to be will happen.
Shawn left for the airport at 4am this morning. Last I talked to him, he was getting on his flight to Atlanta from Amsterdam. My dad said that the boys were so excited this morning that they were going to see their daddy today. I wish I could see their faces. I had to take Eryna to her medical appointment this morning and then off to the US Embassy. On the way, we received a phone call from Ukraine International stating that they had one ticket that became available for Eryna and we had to come pay for it within 2 hours.  We went straight there. Our God is an Awesome God! While at the US Embassy, I met another couple from California. They were adopting a precious 2 year old with down syndrome. I was happy to have someone to talk to while my child was running everywhere and acting like a child I didn’t know! I had just complemented her on how good she had been all day and then the second I wanted to have a conversation with an American couple, she decides to act up. I pray that she doesn’t act like that at the airport tomorrow while I am by myself with 4 carryon bags!  I honestly really don’t care how she acts because the end result will be seeing the boys and going home!! I am so thankful for this experience and everything God taught us through it all. As my journey ends tomorrow and we get to welcome our daughter to US soils…I ask you to pray for Eryna and the new changes she will experience along with the boys and their emotions as they get a new sister over-night.
Our flight plans are as follows, we leave
Ukraine at 6:25 am (11:25pm Thursday night US time),
Arrive in Amsterdam at 8:20am (1:20am US time)
Leave for Atlanta at 11:05am (4:05am US time)
Arrive in Atlanta at 2:45pm
Leave for Miami at 4:17pm and arrive in Miami at 6:16pm!!! YAY!
Since our train was delayed, Eryna went back to sleep. She is a good sleeper

Eryna's first popsicle. She didn't like biting it!

Eryna and I with the best facilitator in the world...Natalia!

No comments:

Post a Comment