Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Some Ukrainian Experiences

Right now we are staying in a hotel until we find something a little more permanent. The region we are staying in is on the East side of Ukraine so we are closer to Russia. The language spoke here is Russian. So the TV is all Russian channels and of course Shawn is getting a kick from it all. Especially the MTV channel because it is all US shows but they speak Russian over top. Last night he watched the “Pimp my Ride” show and the Prank show. He laughed so hard that I even heard him while I was taking my shower. Anyone who knows Shawn knows that he has no difficulty in laughing and especially laughing loud! I hope the walls here are thick so we don’t make anyone unhappy. On the TV now is a “Biggest Loser” version and earlier was a “So you think you can dance” Russian version. I have to say, our American dancers definitely know how to dance compared to them. It was fun to watch though. Something else interesting is that the hosts and judges all look like our same people on the shows. On Biggest Loser, they do the same challenges and the same weigh-ins. They even have a nickelodeon channel and we are going to video some of the episodes to show the boys when we get home. I am sure they will enjoy it!!
The hotel has free breakfast with the stay and we were expecting a continental breakfast like ours with pastries, cereal and simple items. Well not here, they spoiled us. We had a choice of three different types; French, Ukrainian, and Greek (I think, I forget the last one). Well since we were alone, we choose French to be safe. What a meal it was. We got a wonderful cappuccino (which I needed very much since I didn’t sleep very well), fruit to start, then a cheese plate, bread and the an “omelet” which looked like a pancake but it was delicious. I could have eaten 3 of them. The cafĂ© is outside and the weather is just perfect right now. Shawn and I really enjoyed our meal this morning. It was so much better than our room made meals of sandwiches (either cheese and bread or yesterday we found nutella so we got jam to go with it since they don’t have peanut butter here) and whatever snack we can find. I am loving the simple life and not having to worry about making a meal. I am just so thankful that Shawn is simple as well and is satisfied with whatever we have.
In about an hour we get to go see our sweet Iryna. I can’t wait to take pictures of her and get to visit longer. Come back later to the blog so you can see our little girl!
I know this doesn't look like much but it's a treat to us!
The cappuccino was delicious.

Here is what they call an omelet. It was very fluffy
and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment