Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A special treat...written from Shawn today!!

Today was another awesome day. We went to see Iryna at the orphanage early this morning because all the kids have more time to play on the weekend. So, we left with our driver and interpreter to pick up some fruit and goodies for Iryna and her friends. Iryna’s face lit up when she saw us. I love her smile.  We spent a good 2 hours with her today. We showed her more books and pictures of the boys. We also brought out some English flashcards and were trying to sneak in some English lessons.  When we first arrived she was cleaning her bathroom and doing her chores. Allison had a great time with her painting each other’s nails. Iyrna had a little jar of nail polish that she brought out and wanted to paint Allison’s nails.  Allison loved that. Then when they were done, Iryna wanted to do her friends nails as well.  After that we all went outside to play kick ball, play on the playground, and ride on the big fat guy’s shoulders (me). We spent most of the time outside playing like a real family. It was really great. It gave me a little taste of what it is going to be like to have my own daughter. It gave me goose bumps. This whole experience has been a world wind of emotion, but it all gets better every time I see Iryna. My favorite part is when she gets so excited just from me picking her up and putting her on my shoulders. Iryna is really starting to feel more and more like the family every day. I know this process is long but it is well worth it. I am already thinking about all the fun we are going to have with her and the boys at places like Disney, the park, and just riding bikes. Things that she has never been able to see or do. My heart longs for the things that we will be able to show and teach her. You can see in her eyes that she longs for that feeling of family, adventure, and love. I can’t wait to bring her home and to watch her grow as my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww..... I am so happy for you guys. Shawn, I had goose bumps reading your blog. I loved seeing the pictures. Yes, you can see it in her eyes and smile that she longs for a family. Except that she I believe smiles and has a sparkle in her eye, because she feels in her heart that she is being welcomed into a wonderful and loving family: The McPeeks :) Just think soon she will be a McPeek too. Keep us posted. Still have you guys in my prayers. Much Love Always,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete