Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Home made dinner!!

We had a very nice visit with Eryna tonight. We had Olga with us from the TBN network who videotaped our visit. We are now fortunate to have video that we can watch and see our daughter anytime of the day. Thankfully she was feeling better and she was a little more playful than during the weekend. After we left, we went to Eva’s house to eat dinner. We had a wonderful time. Her husband made us Ukrainian food that was delicious and she made us a dessert from Switzerland. Eva is originally from Switzerland and went to live in Washington for a couple years during her college years and then went to back to Switzerland. She was then asked to go on a mission trip to Ukraine and felt that this is where God was leading her to do mission work. She then moved here and worked at the Children’s home (Christian Orphanage) and met her husband. They have two daughters that they were just able to adopt in May. One is 8 and the other is 9 years old. They are such a sweet couple and had a very cute home. We did have our first scary moment here. We had to get a cab to come back to the church so we walked to the train station to get one. Eva told us to be quiet and she will do all the talking. We got in the cab, paid the man, and then we were on our way. I kept wanting to talk to Shawn and he wouldn’t answer me, he told me to stop talking so the man wouldn’t know that we are American. Are you kidding me….if he didn’t know we were American then he was blind! He went through a dark street that I wasn’t familiar with and I kept thinking…this is it, he is going to take us away for ransom. I even got the phone out and was ready to call someone in case something happened. Well you obviously know the ending, we made it back safely! Now I know why they say not to go out at night…it was very dark and just too scary for me!
Wednesday, Eva is going to take us to the Children’s home to visit and on Friday we are going shopping for clothes for Eryna! I am sad that they are leaving this weekend for 4 weeks to vacation in Switzerland. I am gonna miss her. We really felt at home tonight and we would have loved for her girls to meet Eryna. Maybe they will come to Florida one day! (Was hoping to post a video along with this but it didn't work..sorry. Since we miss our boys so much and we didn't get any new pictures today, thought I would post some funny pictures I had on the computer of the boys) My mom reads the posts to Ethan every night and Ethan said to me the other day.."Mommy, why don't you have any pictures of me?" So here you go Ethan, your not gonna laugh at this one day so let me do it now! Love you boys so much!

Trying on daddy's underwear!! Silly boy

Of course...Logan has to get into everything! It wasn't funny this time because
they were permanent markers!

Hope they stay this close forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment