Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I just realized that we never talked about our visit with Eryna yesterday. When we made it there from our first venture on the bus, Eryna was going to take a shower. When we were done, I was expecting her to come out smelling all nice and her hair all soft but that wasn’t the case. Her hair was barely wet and I think she was just sprayed off with water. I can’t wait to get her in my arms and shower her with love and soap forever!! I know they aren’t used to scents because every day she takes a baby wipe that I have and wipes her face and arms till the wipe is no longer wet. I was able to brush her hair and braid it which that always makes me a happy momma. We brought her a new puzzle (she loves puzzles!) and we were able to complete it in no time. She is so good at puzzles. I am looking forward to doing big puzzles with her that take us hours!! During our visit, the caregiver on staff that day is one that we don’t care for very much. She always gives us an attitude and doesn’t like us to visit with Eryna for more than an hour. Well today we found out why. The caregiver stayed in the room with us (that’s another thing with her, she never lets us be alone with Eryna) and the girl we brought from church was talking to her while we were visiting. After we left, we asked Elissa what the caregiver was talking about and she said that she does not like us because we are taking away a child from her country. She said that she does not understand why we would want a child from there and asked how much we were getting paid for taking her. I wish I could have told her how much we have to pay for the adoption! She also said that every time someone adopts, it takes away their money and that we are making their country worse off. Families say they are going to send updates to the orphanage and they never do so the orphanage thinks that we sell the kids for their organs. Shawn and I prayed for her last night in hopes that her eyes will be opened and she will see that we love Eryna so much already and that we will be able to provide a loving home and family for her. We are definitely going to send updates so they have a positive experience to look back on and maybe it will help their view with adoptions.
                We went to the Children’s Home again today. I have fallen in love with the kids even more now. We took them for a walk again and had the best time. On the way back, a little boy was walking hand to hand with Shawn and I had the time of my life watching them. The boy was being so silly and kept talking to Shawn and Shawn would respond back to him in English. The little boy would crack up laughing and they kept doing it over and over. That has been the biggest life changing moment since being here. We have such a huge language barrier with everyone we come in contact with yet I feel closer to some of the people here then people I can talk to on a daily basis. It’s just the connection we have through Christ. We can see each other’s heart and talk to each other in love. This is especially true with Eryna and the children we have come to love. We have never had a full conversation with Eryna yet I feel like we have known her our whole life. She is and has been our daughter. God has answered our prayers from day one and has placed us in her heart. I want to express our love for this place but I can’t find the words. One day I hope I can sit down and put it all in words.  Until then, just know we have been blessed by our Lord and we could have not gone one day without praising Him for all that we have.
                We forgot our camera the past two days so no new pictures but promise to get some tomorrow. Here are some pictures of our two love bugs back at home that we have been getting sent to us while being gone. My parents, sister, brother and family, and close friends have been amazing with loving our boys to pieces. We could not have put our time and attention into this adoption if it wasn’t for all of them making sure our boys have been taken care of from day one. We get pictures daily and our most treasured time is at midnight here when we get to skype with them. That is the moment we look forward to every day (and going to the orphanage!). Enjoy these lovely photos of our sweet, sweet boys!
Our wake-up call this morning! Love his smile!

Ethan caught a snapper at the fishing tournament!

Logan caught a snapper too!

They love being on the boat! I think we are going
to buy a house boat and maybe they will be happy all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment