Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Friday, September 2, 2011

My post from the train

So as I lay here in the smoke filled train, reading the best book I have ever read “Sam’s Letters to Jennifer”, I can’t stop thinking about our little Iryna we are about to meet soon.  I am thinking about the first moments we will see her and the thoughts that will be going through her head. Will she think “who are these weirdo’s “ or will she be thinking about “are they gonna be my mommy and daddy or are they going to walk away like everyone else has because I am not perfect”?  I can’t even imagine walking away tomorrow after visiting with her and say “I am sorry, but you do not meet our expectations”. I know we have a lot of people telling us how we need to be careful and make sure she is the right one but who am I to say that she is the right one? Isn’t God in control of this whole situation, won’t he be the one who knows if she is right for us? I know He has spoken to us and I believe that he will continue to open the doors as we go along.  I am not perfect and I have been rejected many times in my life and the hurt it causes takes so much time to heal. I thankfully have been raised in a loving and supportive family who taught me to turn to God when those times arise. Iryna has not had this opportunity and God is sending us to save her from this life of having no family, no worship with Christ, a lot of pain and abandonment. Could you imagine life if all your family was taken away? I couldn’t, I know that I will always have God but without the daily love and support of my family and friends, life would be so different. Iryna is a child of God and it is time for her chance to be loved unconditionally.   When we get pregnant, we do not know what kind of child God is going to give us so why should we try to pick a "perfect" child? All of the pains and sufferings in the world are the effects of our sin. Trust in God because God is faithful even we his people are not.  “Though the fig tree does not bud…and the fields do not produce no food…I will be joyful in God my Savior” Habakkuk 3:17-19.
Shawn on his side of the train cabin!!

Me on my side. This is first class baby! (It was the only thing left with the late notice)

This was our "home" for 12 hours! Other than cigarette smoke coming through the vents all night, we had a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment