Family of Five!

Family of Five!

Monday, September 12, 2011

I took a break from writing yesterday because I now have the cold that Shawn has been struggling with this whole trip! We have both started taking an Amoxicillin hoping we can fight this soon. It was also our 7th Anniversary so we had a special dinner of cheese sandwiches and watched Dateline NBC on our computer!! We have not been able to watch anything on the internet because it will not open over here; it says that the region we are in does not have permission to play the shows. We were able to open Dateline NBC so we were pretty excited about that. With yesterday being the anniversary of 9/11, we watched the show they played on Friday night remembering the day. We went to the church service yesterday morning at where we are staying. Eva (she speaks English!) found us and had us sit next to her. The worship was amazing and they actually sang two songs that we sing at our church. The only difference was that it was in a different language. Shawn and I were trying to sing it in English but we kept getting mixed up. Then during the sermon, Eva translated to us what the pastor was saying. I felt bad for the people around us but I sure was thankful that she was translating because I really enjoyed what he was saying.  I really needed church that morning. The night before I was struggling with some thoughts I was having about the adoption. Nothing bad but I just didn’t like what I was thinking so I spent a lot of time in prayer during worship. I really felt God’s presence during that time and I was able to leave with a peace about it all. I can’t express how happy I am that we are here at this church.  After service, Eva invited us over for dinner Monday night. We are going to the orphanage at 3:30pm to be tapped with Eryna and then we will have our driver drop us off at her house. We can’t wait to have a home cooked meal! One exciting thing I was able to do yesterday was laundry in a washer!! At the hotel we didn’t have a washer and it was very expensive to have our clothes washed so we only paid for a couple items to be washed and I washed the rest by hand! I had Shawn take a picture because I know some of you won’t believe me. J  The washer here is down 3 levels and it takes 2 hours to wash but I sure got my exercise checking on it! They have no dryers here in Ukraine so we had to hang dry our clothes which wasn’t bad because it made our room smell good! Below are the pictures!

Hand washing in the shower!
Drying clothes the good ole' fashion way!
A picture from a couple days ago that I forgot to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment